Convenient Online Booking Services
Today, there are several providers of online booking services that gather many businesses in a web portal. These platforms offer a search function, individual subpages with clinic information, and reviews. Businesses are also offered marketing and visibility to attract new bookings.
This can be a simple and convenient choice to quickly get started and receive bookings by appearing where competitors are. It’s convenient for individual practitioners and hairdressers who don’t intend to expand their business or brand.
Doesn’t Strengthen Your Own Brand
However, there are a couple of significant disadvantages to using this type of portal as your service and profile booking system. The primary reason is that you invest in the provider’s brand by providing all your information on their website and directing your customers to this portal. Your existing customers are repeatedly reminded of the provider’s brand and search function, where they can also find your competitors and are exposed to other offers.
Invest in Your Business
If you want to grow your own brand and clinic, it might be time to move away from the above portals and booking service systems. Investing in your own business requires a few steps:
- Create your own website with your offerings.
- Invest in “self-owned” marketing across various channels.
- Collect reviews linking back to your website on platforms such as Google, Trustpilot, or Reco.
- Use independent booking systems that don’t promote your competitors.
Booking Functionality on Your Website Pays Off
There are several advantages to using a booking function on your own website instead of a third-party provider. Here are some of the most important ones:
- Integration: A built-in booking function on your own website can be easily integrated with your existing content and design, making it easier for users to book and more likely for them to complete a booking.
- Control: By using a booking function on your own website, you have full control over the booking flow and can customize it to your specific needs. You own the customer, and no one else will have access to your customers’ information.
- Brand: By using a booking function on your own website, you can ensure that your logo and unique design are part of the booking process. This can help strengthen your brand and make it easier for customers to recognize you.
- Cost: Many third-party booking solutions can be expensive and include unnecessary features that you don’t need. By using a booking function on your own website, you can often save money and get exactly what you need.
It’s important to note the disadvantages of using a built-in booking function, such as the time and effort it can take to set up and maintain. But if you’re willing to invest a little time and effort in setting up a built-in booking solution, it can be an excellent choice for your business.
Integrated Booking Functionalities
Today, there are various systems for different businesses, depending on the industry. Many of these systems have integrated booking functionalities worth trying out.
MERIDIQ offers a booking system integrated with the journal system and can be easily installed on your website using a simple code found within the system. Additionally, you can also place a link on social media leading to your booking page, allowing your customers to start booking directly from your feed.
If you have any questions or want to try the system for free, feel free to contact us or get started yourself through the link below!